Nurse Practitioners from another Canadian Province
This section is for you if you’re licensed as an NP in another Canadian province who wants to apply to practice as an NP in Saskatchewan
Requirements for Licensure
- Successfully complete an NP education program
- Pass the NP licensure exam for your NP specialty
- Hold a current RN license in Saskatchewan
- Successfully complete the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act Module (CDSA) from Sask. Polytechnic or Athabasca University
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Submit your application for assessment along with applicable fees
Application for Licensure Process
- Complete the RN licensure process with the CRNS
- Submit your application for assessment along with payment
- Provide proof of successful completion of CDSA Module and upload it to the CRNS
- Obtain a current Vulnerable Sector Check issued by the police force where you live.
- Complete Verification of Original Registration/Licensure Form from the province you obtained your basic nursing education.
- Complete the Verification of Current or Most Recent Registration/Licensure Form and send it to the registration body of the province where you’ve most recently registered as a RN.
- Complete the Consent Form to Obtain Employment Verification Information
- Once your NP assessment has been approved, you will be provided with the NP initial application for licensure.
Regulations and entry requirements are subject to bylaw and policy changes.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.