Applying to be a Maintenance Prescriber for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)
If you are an NP in Saskatchewan and are seeking approval to prescribe medications to patients who are stabilized on drug therapeutics by an initiating provider please review the NP Prescribing Drug Therapeutics for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) Policy
Requirements for Application
- Practising NP license in good standing
- Completed one of the following:
- Opioid Agonist Therapy Conference by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan.
- Provincial Opioid Addiction Treatment Support Program (online & in-person) from the British Columbia Centre on Substance Use.
- Addiction Care and Treatment Course (online) from the University of British Columbia.
- Alberta Opioid Dependency Treatment Course (online) from the University of Calgary.
- Completed at least 16 hours of practicum with another OUD drug therapeutics initiating provider.
- Complete the NP Maintenance Prescriber Application – Drug Therapeutics for OUD.
- Complete the NP Undertaking – Prescribing Drug Therapeutics for OUD.
- Complete the NP Practice Assessment – Maintenance Prescriber for OUD.
- Email completed documents to email@example.com.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive a written confirmation of approval.
Requirements for application are subject to bylaw and council policy changes.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org