Courtesy Nurse Educator Membership
This section is for you if you are an RN or NP in another Canadian jurisdiction and intend to work as an educator in an RN or NP program approved by Council, providing theory courses in online programming or distance delivery, or developing nursing curriculum by distance.
Requirements for Membership:
- Complete an application and pay the applicable fees.
- Verification of RN or NP licensure in another Canadian province or territory.
- Maintain a license in the jurisdiction where you are currently licensed.
- Sign a Courtesy Nurse Educator Membership declaration form.
- Create an Account with the CRNS or Login.
- Complete the Canadian RN Assessment application and pay the applicable fees.
- You will be provided a Courtesy Nurse Educator Membership declaration form to sign and send back to the CRNS.
- Upload a copy of your birth certificate and government issued photo ID (and marriage certificate, if applicable).
- Complete the Verification of Current or Most Recent Registration/Licensure Form and send it to the registration body of the province or country where you’ve most recently registered as a RN.
- Obtain a current Vulnerable Sector Check issued by the police force where you live. Examples include the RCMP, City Police, or police service.
- Once your Assessment for RN Eligibility has been approved, you will be sent a link to complete the RN Initial Application for Licensure online.
Things to Know:
- This membership is valid for the registration year (December 1 to November 30) and must be renewed annually.
- The RN or NP must hold liability insurance with their RN license from their home province or territory.
- If licensure in their home jurisdiction is cancelled, the Courtesy Nurse Educator membership is also cancelled.