The toolkit format provides specific at-a-glance information on a variety of RN and RN related questions. Toolkits identify and group supporting resources and answers commonly asked questions.
Toolkit for Managers of RNs
RNs as part of the health care team have a unique role. Managers of RNs often have questions about the clinical, professional and scope of practice of RNs.
This toolkit has been designed to:
- Provide at-a-glance information on a variety of RN practice questions.
- Identify responsibilities of RNs in the workplace and the role of managers of RNs in supporting RNs to meet those responsibilities.
- Identify resources available to support managers of RNs.
- Answer some commonly asked questions.
Resolving Professional Practice Issues: A Toolkit for Registered Nurses
The purpose of the toolkit is to provide several tools and a five-step framework that will support you while you work towards resolution of a PPI in your context of practice.
A PPI is:
- Any situation that puts clients at risk; and,
- Interferes with your ability to uphold your professional standards of practice, code of ethics, employer policies and/or other best practice clinical standards.
A PPI is generally beyond your ability to resolve independently and requires collaborative resolution within the workplace.