International Educated & Licensed RN
Requirements for Licensure
- Receive an advisory report from the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)
- If English is not your primary language, an acceptable English language test is required. Please visit the IELTS and CELBAN websites for current testing information.
- Successfully complete a nursing education program
- Proof of initial registration from the country where you completed your basic nursing education and official proof of most recent registration if it’s different from your initial registration.
- Reference from most recent nurse manager or supervisor who is familiar with your RN practice.
- Proof of legal name (original or certified copy of birth certificate, government issued photo ID and marriage certificate, if applicable)
- In the past 5 years, you must have worked at least 1125 hours of nursing practice; or graduated from an approved nursing education program; or completed an approved nursing re-entry program
- Submit your application for licensure along with applicable fees
Application for Licensure Process
- Complete the NNAS Assessment and receive an advisory report from National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)
- Complete the Online Assessment for RN Eligibility with the CRNS.
- Upload a copy of your birth certificate and government issued photo ID (and marriage certificate, if applicable).
- Complete Verification of Original Registration/Licensure Form from the country you obtained your basic nursing education.
- Complete the Verification of Current or Most Recent Registration/Licensure Form and send it to the registration body of the province or country where you’ve most recently registered as a RN.
- Complete the Consent Form to Obtain Employment Verification Information and send the required document by email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your Assessment for RN Eligibility has been reviewed by a Nursing Advisor you will be contacted with next steps to continue the process.
Regulations and entry requirements are subject to bylaw and policy changes.
If you have questions, contact email@example.com