Emergency Practicing

This section is for you if you are an RN or NP in another Canadian jurisdiction and seeking a license to practice registered nursing in a declared emergency situation in Saskatchewan.

The following Registered Nurse (RN) categories will be eligible for Emergency Practicing licensure:

  • Non-practicing/Retired RNs or NPs in Saskatchewan on the Register of the Association who meet the hourly bylaw requirements;
  • RNs or NPs from another Canadian jurisdiction
  • Graduate Nurses (GN) eligible to write the NCLEX in Saskatchewan;
  • GN eligible to write the NCLEX in another jurisdiction;
  • Retired and/or Non-practicing RNs or NPs in Canada who meet the hourly bylaw requirement;
  • Licensed in good standing; and
  • Meet English language requirements.

The Emergency Practicing license will be valid for 90 days with the possibility of an extension as required.

Things to Know:

  • This membership is granted for 90 days, with the possibility of extension.
  • There is no fee associated with this membership.
  • The RN or NP must hold liability insurance with their RN license from their home province or territory.

CRNS staff are available to support members through the renewal process. For help with your license renewal, click here for assistance.

Scroll to top