Continuing Competence Program
The CRNS’s Continuing Competence Program (CCP) is a mandatory, ongoing program that ensures all RNs and NPs are continually enhancing their practice through self-directed learning. Every RN and NP must complete the CCP annually as part of the requirements to hold a license to practice registered nursing in Saskatchewan. All RNs and NPs are required by law to complete the CCP, even for a partial year. RNs and NPs are provided with the option to complete their CCP online or in written format.
Note that the 2024 CCP forms will be available online on the first day of the next licensing year — December 1, 2023.
How to Complete Your CCP Video
If you choose to complete your CCP online, log into your online self-service and locate the CCP link on the left-hand side of your profile area. You may begin a new CCP or edit an existing one at any time throughout the registration year. Once you have fully completed your plan and no further editing is required, you will be able to submit your CCP. After submitting, you will no longer be able to edit the plan but will continue to be able to view your submission(s).
If you would like to print a copy of your submitted CCP plan:
- log into your online self-services and click on the CCP link. Your submitted CCP learning plan will be in a box according to the year completed.
- Click on the print button located on the right-hand side of the box. A summary of your learning plan will appear including the practice standards, goals and activities chosen and your evaluation comments.
- Click on the print button located at the top left-hand corner of the summary page.
A CCP template is available for you to download and use, but is not mandatory, when creating your plan. Sample templates for RN, RN(AAP) and NP have been provided.
Note: Throughout the year, the CRNS randomly selects RNs, RN(AAP)s and NPs to verify they have completed their CCP requirements online. If you choose to complete your CCP in written format, you will be required to enter your mandatory components online.
- CCP What is the Same and What is Different?
- CCP Sample Learning Activities
- CCP Frequently Asked Questions
Have you used the revised CCP and online platform? Please submit your feedback to help us evaluate the effectiveness of the revisions here.