RN Practice Resources
The following resources are specifically for Registered Nurses in Saskatchewan.
Standards & Competencies
These documents contain the over-arching expectations for RN practice.
- RN Practice Standards CRNS, 2019
- RN Entry-Level Competencies CRNS, 2019
- Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses CNA, 2017
These documents contain specific direction on RN practice.
- Aesthetics Nursing, 2023
- Medical Assistance in Dying Guideline CRNS, 2021
- Medication Management Guideline CRNS, 2021
- Documentation Guideline CRNS, 2021
- Guideline for Prescribing Medication CRNS, 2020
- Triaging in Emergency Departments
Scope of Practice
- Working with Unregulated Care Professionals CRNS, SALPN, RPNAS, 2023
- Guideline for RNs Recommending & Administering Nonprescription Drugs CRNS, 2020
- Graduate Nurse Practice Guideline CRNS, 2020
- RN Specialty Practices Guideline CRNS, 2020
- RNs Working in Special-Care Homes CRNS, 2021
- Professional Boundary Considerations for Nurse Client Relationships CRNS, 2021
- Social Media CRNS, 2021
- Self-Employed Practice Guideline CRNS, 2021