Nursing Students and Graduates Within Canada
This section is for you if you intend to write the NCLEX-RN exam and practice nursing in Saskatchewan and are currently enrolled in a Saskatchewan nursing program or have graduated in the last three years from a Canadian nursing program.
Steps to Writing the NCLEX-RN
- Apply for registration with the CRNS and meet all the CRNS’s eligibility requirements to take the NCLEX
- Register for the NCLEX with Pearson VUE and receive Registration Acknowledgement email from Pearson VUE
- The CRNS makes you eligible in the Pearson VUE system
- Receive Authorization to Test (ATT) email from Pearson VUE
- Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE
NCSBN NCLEX Candidate Bulletin: Your start to finish guide to writing the NCLEX
CRNS Application Requirements
- Successfully complete an approved nursing education program in Canada
- Proof of legal name (original or certified copy of birth certificate, government issued photo ID and marriage certificate, if applicable)
- Transcripts and verification of completion directly from your University
- Submit your Initial Application along with applicable fees
- Create an Account with the CRNS
- Complete the Initial Application with the CRNS.
- Upload a copy of your birth certificate and government issued photo ID (and marriage certificate, if applicable).
- Request transcripts from your University. U of S graduates need to request their transcripts to be sent directly to the CRNS. U of R graduates: Once the Confirmation of Program Completion on your CRNS exam application is “Approved”, order your final nursing transcripts to be emailed to email@example.com. If the transcripts are printed prior to the official program completion date received from the University, you will be required to re-order the final transcripts for initial RN licensure or a Graduate Nurse License extension.
- For graduates outside of Saskatchewan only: Complete the Verification of Completion of Nursing Education Program Form
Once all requirements have been received and verified the CRNS will make you eligible for the exam with Pearson VUE. Once you receive your Authorization to Test (ATT) email from Pearson VUE you may book your exam appointment within the days stated.
If you have a professionally recognized diagnosis of a disability, impairment, condition, or disorder which could affect your exam performance, you can request a testing accommodation.
To request testing accommodations, complete the Testing Accommodation package.
You can only write at a permanent Pearson VUE testing centre when you have testing accommodations.
If you need any assistance with the testing accommodation process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
NCLEX-RN Exam Results
The exam results will be emailed to you within two weeks.
Optional Graduate Nurse license
This allows you to practice as a Graduate Nurse while you prepare for the NCLEX-RN exam. This license spans 4 months and can be renewed twice.