Nursing Students and Graduates Within Canada
This section is for you if you intend to write the NCLEX-RN exam and practice nursing in Saskatchewan and are currently enrolled in a Saskatchewan nursing program or have graduated in the last three years from a Canadian nursing program.
Steps to Writing the NCLEX-RN
If you complete your nursing education program in April/May, expect a delay in processing your application due to the large number of new nurses entering the profession. Your application may take up to 6 weeks to process.
- NCLEX-RN Application and $294.00 fees with CRNS: Create your account under Apply for Membership. Under the Welcome section click on the Start New Application. Complete this application, attached your proof of name documentation (birth certificate, marriage certificate, legal name changes and current government issued photo ID) and pay the $294.00 application fee.
- Confirmation of Program Completion: After the official program completion date, Saskatchewan universities will automatically send this document to the CRNS on your behalf.
- For Canadian graduates outside of Saskatchewan only: Complete the Verification of Completion of Nursing Education Program form and send to the University that will be issuing your nursing degree. The completed form must come directly from the University to the CRNS after the official nursing education program completion date. The University may scan & email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Nursing Education Transcripts: Once the Confirmation of Program Completion requirement on your CRNS exam application is Approved, order your final transcripts to be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org from MyCreds.ca. If your university’s transcripts are not available through MyCreds.ca, you will need to contact the University directly with your request. If the transcripts are issued prior to the official program completion date received from the University, you will be required to re-order the final transcripts for the initial RN licensure or a Graduate Nurse License extension.
5. NCLEX-RN Application and $360.00 Fee with Pearson VUE: Register for the NCLEX-RN examination with Pearson VUE.
Once all requirements have been received and verified the CRNS will:
- make you eligible for the exam with Pearson VUE,
- send you an email to register for the exam with Pearson VUE, if you have not already done this step,
- within 72 hours Pearson VUE will email the Authorization to Test (ATT) to you, if you do not receive your ATT email after 72 hours, please send an email to email@example.com. You must book your exam appointment within the dates stated on the ATT.
Exam Application Status
To view your application status log into Apply for Membership, click on the Review button. If there are any issues with the documents you submitted or if more information is required from you, it will be noted here.
If you have a professionally recognized diagnosis of a disability, impairment, condition, or disorder which could affect your exam performance, you can request a testing accommodation.
To request testing accommodations, complete the Testing Accommodation package.
You can only write at a permanent Pearson VUE testing centre when you have testing accommodations.
If you need any assistance with the testing accommodation process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
NCLEX-RN Exam Results
The exam results will be emailed to you within two weeks.
Optional Graduate Nurse license
This allows you to practice as a Graduate Nurse while you prepare for the NCLEX-RN exam. This license spans 4 months and can be renewed twice.